Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,914   Posts: 1,556,277   Online: 826

Shooter
    Multi Format

Copal 0 hard to turn shutter speed dial

Hi!

Just bought an used Rodenstock Sironar-N MC 150mm with a Copal 0 shutter. The shutter speed dial is a bit hard to turn and it does not lock so well into the different speed positions. What does this tell me? What is wrong, is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    does it lock into each speed notch or does it turn freely?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by heespharm View Post
    does it lock into each speed notch or does it turn freely?
    it locks into each speed notch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The ring that holds the shutter speed dial is probably too tight. Maybe the screw that holds the ring in place is missing and someone just screwed the ring too tight. In terms of not holding in place, the detents could be gummed up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The ring that holds the shutter speed dial is probably too tight. Maybe the screw that holds the ring in place is missing and someone just screwed the ring too tight. In terms of not holding in place, the detents could be gummed up.
    is there any way I can fix this myself, or should an expert do it? is there a howto manual somewhere for copal shutters?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin