Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,238   Online: 893

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    jon

you learned first hand what the publisher can be like.
    good luck getting your subscription fulfilled ...
    i cancelled mine years ago ... if you actually want
    to get your issues mailed to you and /or continue with your subscription
    rather than wrestle him in the mud it might be worth calling the office and speaking
    with the nice person who answers the phone ... while the publisher can be a bit rough, the person who answers the phone is the opposite.

i was tired of the way he acted, so i cancelled my subscription ..
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didn't
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Don't like the service, do as others have done. Don't renew.
    That's exactly what "Bri" did, but without being rude, condescending, and threatening. One can often catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    That's exactly what "Bri" did, but without being rude, condescending, and threatening. One can often catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!

What and miss all the fun???
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

I never had any problem receiving my subscription, which I had for a decade or more.

I finally let my subscription lapse because I was bored to death with the magazine.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    That ties into the issue of filling subscriptions. If fewer people are looking at the magazine because they are frustrated with getting the magazine delivered and customer relation problems, then there are fewer people considering submitting their work for publication in it. So the magazine gets filled up with less interesting work, more how-to articles instead of portfolios, and more outdated ads.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have to side with Peter. I have had my subscription for many years. Of all that time, only two issues did not arrive. In both cases, I received replacements right away. The last time was handled by Steve himself, an hour after closing, 10 minute conversation, never a question why. I'm going to renew.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I would to add that the last few issues of VC have been of very high quality...not that many alternatives out there
    Best, Peter
    website down for maintenance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    To Brian and those who like Steve and favour a kidd-glove approach rock on and resubscribe. I'm finished. Thanks everyone and I mean everyone for their views (excuse the pun).
    Jon A.
    Speeds, Crowns, Graphic View II, Bessa-E, Erkona II, Rolleiflex 2.8E, various Nikon SLR's, and a Canon Espio (looks like a digital cam).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I feel sorry for Ms Miles, she has to do a lot of unnecessary work because their system is so poor.

As a Subscriber to the online International PDF issue I constantly had to contact Andrea, who I must say is extremely helpful, however every month I had to email for a new password to the websites subscriber content. There was no mailing to say my subscription had lapsed so after 2 years I stopped it.

The Online PDF version was excellent but the interface/packaging was awful and each section had to be downloaded separately.

The owner can be found on the Forums it just depends on what Name he's (Aliases) using at the time. It's a great shame he doesn't get his act together as it's a good magazine.

Ian

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin