Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,170   Online: 796

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager View Post
    ...not that many alternatives out there
    Best, Peter
    And it speaks volumes that the nonexistant alternatives to VC mag are what so many have chosen.
    I personally would rather read nothing.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Mr. Simmons blamed me for not keeping track of all the issues received from when-to-when when I inquired about not having received any for the last 6 months of my subscription. Evidently he doesn't keep track either. Tough on him. Isn't it a federal crime to gyp people using the USPS going across state lines?
    Just sayin'.
    -Jon Archibald, one of legions of disgruntled subscribers.

Shooter
    Large Format

AVOID VIEW CAMERA MAGAZINE

It is with much regret that I too chime in with the disgruntled people who have tried to simply subscribe to View Camera Magazine and enjoy their subscriptions. I "tried" to subscribe to the magazine a couple of months ago and paid for my subscription. I allowed 60 days to pass to give the magazine reasonable time to enter my subscription and provide confirmation. I have e.mailed the magazine 3 times and have sent Mr. Simmons a letter via the post office; all requesting information regarding my subscription. None of my queries have been responded to. I have also attempted to fax the magazine with my concerns but their fax machine, much like the mechanism to communicate with the magazine, apparently does not work either. Yep, it's terrible. At this point Mr. Simmons can keep my $27. for he must really need the money. The magazine, the aggravation and Mr. Simmons are just not worth it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you tried simply calling him voice?

I understand, believe me, I'd rather send a dozen emails three faxes a couple of text messages and smoke signals than talk to someone I don't know on the phone. It's just not my thing and I've always disliked it. But not everyone is comfortable with the same modes of communication and I've read repeatedly that he responds well to a simple phone call.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I subscribed about 4-5 weeks ago thru the website and got my first issue, the George Tice one, a week or so ago. So something's working...
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 07-10-2011 at 10:24 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin