Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,502   Posts: 1,543,403   Online: 732

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Toyo View Lensboards

Hi,

I've just bought a Toyo View 45Aii and my lenses (mounted on the Wista/Technica lensboards) don't fit into the lensboard area. The Toyo catalogue says that the lensboard given with the camera is a 110x110 size 0 - but I tried to attach a 0 lens onto the board and it didn't.

Which lensboard adapter should I consider buying?
    Am I doing something wrong when I'm trying to attatch a lens onto the Toyo lensboard?

Thanks in advance.

Ashok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can buy an adapter to use Linhof boards on a Toyo field camera. I was just looking at this and see that B&H was selling this on a discount for around $170for a real Toyo product. Ebay shows some Chinese knockoffs at around $120. Cheaper used ones may be hard to find. I didn't see any currently on Ebay. This has discouraged me from getting a Toyo as my lenses are on Linhof boards to fit my other cameras. So considering the adapter cost I would probably be better off getting a Wista metal field camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks ChuckP. I did see that adapter on B&H - I think that seems the best alternative. Most second hand lenses are on Linhof boards.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First problem: the 45A II is a Toyo-Field, not a view. Different size lens boards. View are 158mm x 158mm. Field are 110mm x 110mm.

The adapter for Linhof/Wista boards are #180-635

Second problem: maybe the board you got was mangled at some point? A #0 hole should be 34.7mm diameter.

I got a #0 view board from KEH and my Caltar 130mm fits perfectly in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks r1ma. Points noted.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin