Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,896   Posts: 1,584,311   Online: 907

Images

Can't find leak in Eastman 2-D (Folmer)

I have an Eastman 2D that leaks on the right side, during vertical shot. I haven't taken enough with this to know if it every leaks with the horizontal format. Hasn't yet. Anyway, I put a light inside to see if anything leaked out and I don't see a thing. Bellows seem new. Back closes up tight against body. Holders rest tight in slot. Holders are new. Leak is not streaky, it just blooms evenly from right side of camera. Fog start at very edge of image.

Anybody seen this? How much side-to-side slop is there between holder and camera? I have maybe 3/32", which seems a little sloppy. How tight of a fit are the baffles between the back of camera and the inside of the back suppose to be? Mine are even, but spacious. Could use some new black paint on inside of camera and back, but I don't think this is the problem.

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Loose Gravel; 09-19-2004 at 01:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe you can take out some of that side to side slop with a little felt padding, which might kill that leak. Also the back on my cameras have felt on the seat to help seal it light tight. Maybe yours is missing the felt.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Are your springs sturdy? Weak springs fail to hold the filmholder tight, especially while moving the dark slide. This is especially true with a vertical with any rear tilt.

Images
    Springs are good. I'm going to tighten up the opening a bit and try again. Thanks.

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    you might look at where the back mates to the camera frame. the pins in my back don't fit as well as they should and the back will fall off if I don't pay good attention to it. I have had film exposed that way.

lee\c

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin