Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,224   Online: 684

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Found some great film holder-holders

G'day All,

We had family visiting a few weeks back to meet our new baby, it's not often we all get together in one place, so it was a bit of an event. The first thing everyone did, was ask me where all the camping outlet stores are, we're all a sucker for good camping gear, and even more so when it's a bargain.

My Ma' came home one day with some neat little padded bags, their potential did not go unnoticed, and I was down to the store the next day to get a few for myself. They were these things from Kathmandu. Not sure if these stores are around outside of Australia, but a good tip to us Aussies, the small size of these bags fit four double darks perfectly, or three and a roll back. Zippered pocket inside the lid for note pad, reciprocity charts etc.

I've been using them for the past few weeks on a few day trips and an over-nighter with plenty of drizzle, they were fantastic, I think I've finally found my (for the time being) ideal solution to carrying film holders. At only $9 from the outlet stores, you can't go wrong. Just wanted to pass it along
    Last edited by SteveR; 04-02-2011 at 08:33 PM. Click to view previous post history.

My goal in life, is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Steve,

The linkage is broken.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Sanjay Sen - APUG Subscriber
    Sanjay Sen, 36, a champion of human and animal rights, died June 3 in a motorcycle accident in Wayne, New Jersey.

July 23 1975 - June 3 2012

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just add the missing "l" for ".html

http://www.kathmandu.com.au/Accessor...tive_Cell.html

cool item!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An easy fix, thanks Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, Steve. These items are awesome. I bought two this afternoon, and will probably buy two more.

The medium size, $12.50 each, are perfect for 4 x 5 holders.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a couple of similar units picked up at yard sales for a dollar each. One for unexposed film the other for exposed, and properly labeled. I am looking for more, I think they would make neat padded lens carriers for my kit.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Those do look pretty nice. I wonder, though, if the fleece lining has caused a dust problem in the holders stored within them?

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    The medium size, $12.50 each, are perfect for 4 x 5 holders.
    Okay, must have been the medium ones I got then, sorry! I just know they're a perfect fit for 4x5's, but only cost me $9 :P

Dan, I had wondered the same thing, previously I had been using a 'lunch cooler', with slick plastic sides, I'll have to see how I go. If I have any issues I'll report back.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin