Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,542   Posts: 1,544,390   Online: 1000

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Glad you experience was a good one!

I use a 300mm mostly on my 8x10. I just read a thread over on the LF Forum which asked what lens folks would have if limited to only one lens. The range was primarily 240 to 355mm, with a few at 210 and 480mm, so 300mm seems to be right in the middle -- and I do like it. (I have a 159, 210 and 480mm also -- and a borrowed 600mm that does not get used much).

I have heard that using a filter behind the lens can change your focus, so it was suggested to fine-focus with the filter on -- but at f/32 you may not have seen any difference. But might become a factor with portraits shot wider open.

But again, congrats on your success!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got some pictures of me and my dad in action from my mom:

Here's a closeup of the beast. It's not easy lugging it in the field, but the versatility is great.

I printed my 8x10 negs on Lodima last night, and the photos are flattening between blotters. I'll put some scans later this week.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whew! scans are now up in the gallery, in order:

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=60254&c=2
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=60252&c=2
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showimage.php?i=60253&c=2

Thanks to all who gave me advice, this was a most successful endeavour, and I hope to repeat it as soon as possible.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin