Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,955   Posts: 1,586,017   Online: 682

Thread: What is this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What is this?

I bought a "lot" of vintage equipment off Craigslist from a lady who was moving and she had some of her ex-boyfriend's camera equipment in the garage. She called this item a "foldy camera thingy". My friend picked it up for me today and I will be getting it Sunday (I live in the country), but sent me these pictures. This is one of four items I got. Anyone shed some light on what this is specifically? I currently shoot MF and 35mm and this didn't look like either of those, so I thought I'd post it here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2991.jpg   IMG_8286.jpg   IMG_5694.jpg   IMG_5884.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is a Leica bellows with a reflex housing, possibly a Visoflex. Sorry, I'm not up on Leica gear, so I can't tell you which versions the bellows and Visoflex are. But since they both have bayonet, not thread, mounts they're probably for Leica M. Not large format, 35 mm.

You're more likely to get a good answer if you post y'r question in the rangefinder section. That's where Leicas live.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan is correct. Don't let them hoodwink you over there. Anything that says Leica is worth MONEY.

This is a focusing attachment for high magnification macro photography. You then don't use the rangefinder on the camera.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you really want to identify to the nth degree, try the Leica Forum. They know this equipment like no others:

http://www.l-camera-forum.com/leica-forum/?langid=2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice!
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin