Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,973   Online: 888

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco B View Post
    What does make me wonder is how it is locked in place?
    I was going to ask that too!

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    will it use standard film holders, or
    special ones that only fit your camera ?

looks nice !
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The film holder in a couple of the pictures looks like a standard Fidelity or something similar. It was the way the back is removed, rotated and held bak in place which I couldn't work out.

Steve.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Will the camera close with a small lens, like the one shown in the blog, attached? That would be a useful feature.

A white camera with a red bellows is going to start looking dirty with regular use, I think. If you want to offer a camera in patriotic colors, how about red with a white bellows?

Also, be sure not to neglect the basics. It may seem obvious, but the first generation Chamonix 4x5" had a problem with groundglass registration. It was otherwise a very attractive camera, lightweight, with extensive movements and many attractive features, and affordable, but if the groundglass is out of register, it's a paperweight.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very interesting to me. Of course the final configuration, any choices or options, and the price with shipping to North America would play into any buying decision for me.

Natural finished cherry, red bellows and shiny brass ... ahhhh

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So of course I ask... why?

It's a nice project. But I see nothing that wasn't included in a Deardorff designed and built 80 years ago (and copied many times over by most other camera manufacturers). What's the market potential for a new camera that brings nothing new to the table? Price? Cheap assed cameras abound, especially used. Are there people clambering all over the world for a new cheap view camera when so many used ones sit on someones shelf, unused and almost unsellable. Has there been a run on Speed and Crown Graphics that I know nothing about?

So, two scenarios:
    1.) I don't have a camera. Do I dream of my Polskia 45 View in my sleep? Ummm.. no. It's not a Deardorff, it's not an Ebony, it's... a box.
    2.) I have a couple of cameras. Do I want to upgrade my system with the new Polskia 45 View? I hope not. What the heck was I shooting with to start with? Is it so cheap I think I'll buy one to take to the rain forests and not worry about having a croc eat it? Pretty small market I think.

So don't let me get you down. Maybe I am off base. I just don't see the world needing another 5 cent cigar.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There's alot of companies out there manufacturing a spit and polished camera and to some extent they all look alike in Cherry and Teak. One that I think is nice looking is the Canham wood.
    What I would like to see is something more industrial looking without the metal lacquer at a better price point meaning sub Chamonix, Shen Hao and Tachihara prices. The white tho looks nice with the red bellows. Just polyurethane the heck out of it.
    W.A. Crider

ulv

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Marco, Steve. Back is hold in place by four neodymium magnets. But it's a secret ;-)

Jnanian. It is standard Fidelity Elite.

David. Yes camera could be closed with small lens (such as this Wollensack Optar). We haven't plan to build and sell white camera so far, but so many people ask for such version that we indeed started to think about it. Yes, I think You are right, it could be hard to have clean white for long time. Well if we want to be ok with our customers we have to warn them about this possibility. We tested prototype with test similar to back/front focus tests and ground glass is perfect in place.

Sirius Glass. Cherry wood, red bellows and polished brass is my favorite combination.

k_jupiter. You have a lot of right, but You have to notice one thing also. Our main target market is local market here in Poland. We have not a lot of old, second hand field cameras in good condition available. Even Crown or Speed graphics in not so good condition could cost a lot because it is quite rare animal. Next thing is this simple fact that average Pole is not as wealthy as US citizen. Ebony or Deardorff is great, but it costs a lot. Even cheapest Chinese Shen-Hao or Chamonix is in many situation is big expense especially for hobbyists.
    Of course I could be wrong and we will not sell anything. That's ok. We started this project to learn something new. It is not our main source of income. In the matter of fact it so far an experiment and if we earn some money it will be great if we don't that's ok too. Maybe we create good quality entry level camera for good money and it will be success. Who knows.

Rafal

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I saw this thread, I thought I was going to see a picture of a camera made out of film that takes pictures on a 4x5" plank of wood!
    "Panic not my child, the Great Yellow Father has your hand"--Larry Dressler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrapak View Post
    When I saw this thread, I thought I was going to see a picture of a camera made out of film that takes pictures on a 4x5" plank of wood!
    Polarized wood.

tim
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin