Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,270   Online: 770

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought the Century was made from a "revolutionary" material called Mahoganite.

How could you call that merely plastic?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian d View Post
    Tower Press Camera- rebadged Bush Pressman

The Canadian Press King is sort of similar to a B&J
    I'll second that! I have a Tower w/instruction book, 100mm Wide Field Ektar, 135mm Symmar-S, 210mm Fuji-L and slide-in 6x7 roll film holder. The things that aren't as good as others are the spring backs limits you on Polaroid/roll film backs, lens boards are small and harder to find and movements aren't super great. But it's one tough, well built camera and I like it better than any Graphic except maybe the Crown or Super Speed. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I thought the Century was made from a "revolutionary" material called Mahoganite.

How could you call that merely plastic?
    Well, as I said I'm an ignorant barbarian.

If you doubt that I am, ask Capaul & Weber. I shoot a 38/4.5 Biogon on my humble Century Graphic. I've made the point that it isn't obvious that I'm worse equipped than their customers who have Alpa 12 with 38/4.5 Biogon. So I'm clearly unacquainted with the finer points, i.e., am ignorant. As for being a barbarian, well, I'm not a native speaker of Greek so am a birthright barbarian.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin