Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,699   Online: 702

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwall View Post
    Would these work?
    Define 'Work'.
    They will fit. But... they are still a 1.5 volt battery. Mercury batteries were 1.35 volts. If you don't mind your meter being off 9 percent or so, they will work fine.

Get the adapter and sleep well, knowing you are in the ballpark with your meter readings.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Images
    K. Jupiter's idea while good is on back order with a 1-2 month wait from what I can tell.

Anyone know if this will work or dealt with this guy? need an engineer's opinion
    http://www.buhla.de/Foto/batt-adapt-US.pdf
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Actually, I was serious and don't mind sending a few euro cents in the post. They're 16.25mm diameter.
    I think the smallest US coin is the dime which is too big.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Washers are another option. You won't be able to measure any voltage drop across a penny or washer.
    One thing to remember is the zinc-air cells need air..

He's got it right. You could use silver oxide cells and drop the voltage with diodes. Depending on the diode, you'll be very close, voltage-wise.

Try this: washer - plastic sleeve - washer.
    Where the plastic sleeve contains a 1N4148 (or two schottky diodes) in series with the washers.
    |---|>|--|>|---|

Does anyone need to pay $39.95 (or nearly £40)for an adapter?... (and you'd need two..)
    Last edited by Sethasaurus; 05-02-2011 at 09:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethasaurus View Post
    Does anyone need to pay $39.95 (or nearly £40)for an adapter?...
    Only if you want your mercury battery designed equipment to work correctly.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oops, I keep imagining the camera which used two cells, but you're talking about the spotmeter, which only uses one. So, one schottky diode of the correct type would work (or one of the expensive adapters).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin