Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,607   Online: 813

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Images

Won without thinking

Having been out bid on every spot meter I placed a bid on I placed a bid on a Pentax 1/21. Dummy here neglected to notice the 1/21. Due to a lack of available batteries I should not have bid but now my fate is sealed.

Anyone know if this will work as a battery hack but with US pennies?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eric_duminil/4097107525/

If not then are the lithium replacements any good.

Note to self - stay off ebay
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great illustration! I have an old Minolta SRT with no batteries. I use a hand held meter

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Between APUG and photo.net, there's a trove of info on hacks and workarounds for merc battery replacements. At least the 9v won't be hard to replace!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There is a chain of stores called Batteries Plus and they have batteries from watch to car sizes. Try them. Failing that, try ebay again, that's where I got the adapter for my Pentax 1/21.

Joe
    There is no such thing as taking too much time, because your soul is in that picture. -Ruth Bernhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D'oh! Let us know how you get that worked out. I really like those meters, but the battery issue is a pain.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    PX640 adaptors are available - In the UK, try: smallbattery.company.org.uk

Images
    Shipping $ from the UK would suck though. Been looking and there are places here in the states who say they make just such an adapter at roughly the same cost (factoring currency cost) but Something about the sites say not trustworthy. Can't put my finger on why, I just got "the feeling".
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been going crazy trying to cobble together springs and spacers for my TL-Electro. That penny stack is inspired genius!

You might try Quality LightMetric in Holywood,CA to see if they can convert it to take common batteries & calibrate

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those are Euro-pennies. Would they conduct the same as American?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin