Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,959   Online: 1229

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Look for the original Marchioni Bros. 4602 Tiltall tripod. I have 3 ( don't ask) and they have been used w/ Linhof Kardan Color monorail and a Wista DX without a problem. I also used them with my Kowa 6 med. format. They are great, simple, sturdy tripods.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tih View Post
    Are you sure you even want a head? If you're going to use it for large format monorail only, an option would be something like this Berlebach tripod:

http://www.berlebach.de/?bereich=det...prache=english

Adjust the ball to level the panoramic plate, then mount the camera using the knob underneath the ball to tighten the screw. The camera is kept level during panning. For those occasions when you need to tilt the whole camera, the ball lets you tilt up to 30 degrees in any direction.

Caveat: I haven't used this tripod yet, I've only just ordered it. It's going to carry my Linhof Color monorail 4x5. I figure the simplified construction, relative to a full three-way head, will mean better stability and less vibration.

-tih
    I have a 2032 and this system works very well. Simple and all you need for a view camera or a Hasselblad.
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just an update, I ended up getting a Tiltall (Marchioni 4602) on eBay. I'm hoping that it can handle my LF needs.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin