Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,613   Online: 1065

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Geelong & Castlemaine, Victoria, Australia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Most aluminum comes from bauxite.

and certain of us are a bit obsessed with making timeless images that will keep record of our brilliant thoughts forever...

You bet we are, Keith! Skitch 'em! Now we're really banging identical wavelengths!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Umm, is glass natural?

PE

Yes, from lightning strikes upon sand. I've heard anecdotes that a sort of glass spike is beneath the sand, following (roughly) the contours of the bolt of electricity.

Anyway, the impulse or intention of the OP is commendable, I suppose. Logically, as has been noted, the best approach is to find a second-hand camera, since its impact has already been made and absorbed by Mother Earth, and in some infinitesimal way will reduce demand for further manufacture.

But I do hope any images made with whatever is decided upon will focus upon the natural world with the aim of preserving the environment..?
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin