Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,583   Posts: 1,622,151   Online: 821

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use one of these for kayaking with MF and 35mm gear. Cheap (but heavy) and totally waterproof. I can fit it in a rear hatch but it's usually lashed between my knees so I can access the camera while paddling. Just be sure to use a leash. It will sink like a stone.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I whitewater in an Inflatable kayak and I've had good luck double bagging my 35mm in ziplocks and putting it my my drybag. I've noticed that there are ziplocks big enough for a LF but haven't yet tried that one. Just a thought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never heard of a 'dry bag'. Can anyone tell me the name of a good brand?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't kayak but I canoe in Northern Ontario. I use a Lowenpro Dryzone 200 for my LF gear. I've been caught out on the lake in the rain and never had my gear get wet. I only carry my Toyo 45A, 2 lenses and minimal related gear on the lake. I've got a second one I bought for my MF gear a few years ago and never used. I've never thought about before, but I could be tempted to part with it.
    http://products.lowepro.com/product/...00,1935,18.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ortlieb make a range of them. Including saddlebags for motorcycles based on the "drybag" idea. If you google drybag you're going to find quite a selection.
    Some might say I have a bad attitude! Too bad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks! I'll look into google.

Shooter
    Medium Format

My dry bag of choice

Quote Originally Posted by jon.oman View Post
    I've never heard of a 'dry bag'. Can anyone tell me the name of a good brand?
    I use these:

http://cascadedesigns.com/sealline/d...ry-bag/product

Both canoe expedition and lashed to the back of my motorcycle when on tour. I haven't tried large format yet, since I just got my first 4x5 camera but it's kept clothes, food, 35mm, MF and digital dry. Only thing is if you get rain in them, everything STAYS damp! And they are tough as boiled owl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin