Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,954   Online: 808

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MrclSchprs View Post
    .......You can buy them at RK Photographic
    Thanks for the link to RK Photographic. It's nice to see the SS Jobo reels, and many other SS film devices, are still being manufactured. I don't know who sells them in the USA, but I bought my reels directly from Hewes, about 6-7 years ago.

These SS reels for Jobo tanks are much easier to use than the original plastic reels. Not cheap, but worth the price.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Luseboy View Post
    Hello,
    I am looking to find a reel that i can use instead of the jobo reel. I have a tank, lid, etc. just need the reel and loader base, etc. are there any cheaper alternatives?
    Thanks,
    Austin
    Everyone has answered with suggestions for roll film reels, but are you looking for sheet film options? If so, the only real alternative that still uses the Jobo tanks is to place two sheets between the ribs like 4x5 prints, then plug the funnel with a black rubber stopper to keep it light tight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05696.jpg   DSC05697.jpg   DSC05698.jpg  
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are two choices for Jobo 4"x5" tanks. One, I think, is the 2509 with a reel and the other which I use and am very happy with is the 3010 Expert Tank. The 3010 Expert Tank handles up to 10 4"x5" negatives and is well worth the money.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have a 2800 series tank, you can put the film around the perimeter of the tank without a reel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    thanks for all the replies guys! but i was particularly looking for sheet film options...I guess i should have made that clear. Anyways, i guess i'll just stick with tank processing until i can find a reel for a good price.
    Thanks guys!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The reels are nice, I have couple that I got for a good price, but I don't bother with the loader. I can get them loaded just fine without it. Until I got the reels, I used the method I photographed above. I still use that method for my 8x10 film with excellent results.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmm well i'll have to try that sometime then. Anyone know a good place to get the reels? ebay sells them for like 60 bucks each...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I think ebay may be the last. I happen to find a couple new ones at my local store on a dusty bottom shelf hidden behind other things.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    If so, the only real alternative that still uses the Jobo tanks is to place two sheets between the ribs like 4x5 prints, then plug the funnel with a black rubber stopper to keep it light tight.
    Or just use a Print Drum lid instead of the funnel lid...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A German shop, www.monochrom.com, has the Hewes reels for Jobo 1500 in their catalogue. Both reels for 35 mm (42 Euros) and 120 film (46 Euros) are available.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin