Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,085   Online: 1086

Thread: ULF film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

ULF film

Who besides Ilford currently manufactures ULF film larger then 8x10?
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    I guess the people who make the film for JandC are the only ones left. I am not sure what is the situation with photowarehouse, they said they wont be affected, if so, then whoever is making film for them is another one. Kodak will sell you tri X but it has to be a special order with a minimum. From what I understand Clay spent lots of money along with other people to get an order like this.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    of my limited knowledge.....I know these companies make both 8x10 film and larger.

bergger some at Bhphoto.com (someone else may be able to point you in a better direction)
    Ultrafine (photowarehouse.biz)
    JandC photo at jandcphoto.com
    Efke available at jandcphoto.com

Ive shot Efke and Ultrafine large format film and honestly love them. The folks at JandCphoto.com and photowarehouse.biz are both wonderful companies who are professional and friendly.
    I just received a 25 sheet box of JandC pro 100 8x10 film and am eager to shoot with it.

Hope that helps Jim.
    How are those ULF cameras coming btw?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone know how wide the large sheet of film is before it is cut into various format sizes?

I know that Michael Smith has a life time supply of Super XX film in the freezer, how many years do you think current emulsions would last in a very cold sub-zero freezer (-30/-60F).
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jdef
    All of the B&W film manufacturers produce their films in large rolls, so the question becomes; "who packages B&W film in ULF sizes?"
    Well, every manufacturer will pack what you pay him for. For example AFAIK Foma just asks you to buy a complete batch bulk. Approx. 1m x 30,5m per roll.

One company buying bulk and packing in odd sizes is Bahnse & Grohmann in Wernigerode. They took over the old Orwo photographic papers coating plant (which used to be the Tura plant - they moved to Dueren near Cologne/Aachen after the war) and continued to cut individually. They don´t coat, they just cut and pack whatever you ask them to do.

Their bulk material includes Forte, Foma, Efke and Slavich (Russia) - Slavich even continues to make glass plates and they are available through Wephota.

http://wephota.de/

Just checked their website - the largest they can deliver from stock is 14"x17" and 30x40cm. And they quote a bulk roll with of 1,05m.

http://wephota.de/wephota/sortimix.htm

Tura in Dueren limits themselves to 35mm (and probably size 120 in short future) and photographic paper. They buy Agfa bulk and deliver to the private label market (like "Walmart" brands).
    Last edited by rjr; 09-25-2004 at 07:31 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Additional information added
    Tschüss,
    Roman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin