Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,124   Posts: 1,636,918   Online: 945

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First 4x5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
    .Is this addictive?
    Marvin
    YES
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How much bellows draw does a Toyo 45D have?

Once you get into longer lenses this might be significant.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    How much bellows draw does a Toyo 45D have?

Once you get into longer lenses this might be significant.
    That is one advantage of the mono-rail he has. Even if he does not have the 250mm extension; that, another bellows and another front standard are readily available. You just hook them all together and you are good for 500mm.

Large format, addictive--nah. Whatever might have given you that idea?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats!
    I just started to shoot Lf this year, but because my bad situations and now it started to be the HELL here i stopped photography for a while, but i will return to shoot and i will use LF more later and see what i've been missing all these years.

Don't forget to post something for us

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not sure of the extension but the rail is about 19 inches long. I have been looking for more film holders and a lens. I think my Bogen tripod will be good enough for now but it might need a different head for 4x5. One of the bubble levels has dried out and I don't know if these are still available. I have also been looking at 4x5 films and thinking may be some Tmax 100 or Delta 100. The 4x5 developing is yet to be addressed as I don't have a permanent darkroom. I do have a Beseler 8x10 print drum that I have herd can be used to process 4 4x5 negs at a time. I use a changing bag to load my 35mm and 120 film in the tank. Looking forward to the new challenges.
    Marvin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was looking for a lens but I bought another camera with lens. It is a TOYO 45CX with a 150mm Rodenstock Geronar lens and 4 Lisco film holders. Just ordered some Delta 100 4x5 film from Adorama and should be able to try it out by next weekend. I took it outside and put a jacket over my head and played with the controls. I let my wife look and she said the picture is upside down and I told her that was the way it was. The two cameras that I have do not use the same lens boards the 45D uses the larger and the 45CX uses the smaller ones. I noticed that TOYO does make a lensboard adapter that adapts the small to larger but it is about $200. Thanks for all the info and I am looking forward to trying it out.
    Marvin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi marvin

i have a 45cx ... nice camera !
    be careful not to tighten your knobs tooo much
    they are carbon fiber and may crack ...
    there ARE adapters as you mentioned, i have one that
    goes from a speed graphic board to the 110 x110 cx boards
    the graphic boards are so small it makes it easy.
    if you like really long lenses you will probably use the 45D more ..
    the cx doesn't have an extra long rail or the long focus bellows ..

have fun!
    john

ps if you are used to 35mm, a good way to think of the lenses
    is that the relative focal length is 3x the 35mm when you get to 4x5 ...
    so a 50mm kind of lens is a 150 on 4x5, a 90mm is about a 270 &C ..

Shooter
    35mm
    I am looking for a 4x5 camera, so any advice will welcome. I've just bought 150/5.6 lens without lensboard, but still looking for a camera. My idea is wooden field camera. Here is my list:
    Tachihara (Osaka, Calumet) 45N
    Chamonix 045N
    Wista 45DX (DXII, 45SW)
    Zone VI
    Wisner expedition
    Shen Hao HZX45-IIA
    I have very little practice with LF, so If You can give me some suggestions what is hot, what is not, what will be the choice of Your first LF using the knowledge that You have after some years with LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well my pack of Delta 100 arrived so I guess I am ready to give it a try. I don't have a case yet to hold the camera film holders etc. I like the Tenba cases but they are expensive. Just wonder how others carry their 4x5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a largish nylon tool bag to carry the camera, lenses etc. and made some wrappers for the various pieces using 1/4 inch insulation wrapped in cloth and sealed with speed sew. Works just fine, but add it all up and somehow it gets heavy. So I use a jogging stroller to move everything about.
    I wouldn't worry about the levels. Mine are mostly dried out (I have a Toyo 45?) and I just got a level from Lee Valley that's about twice the size of a credit card. It works fine and is easier to see and use than the built-in ones.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin