Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,837   Posts: 1,582,438   Online: 706

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I use any lens I find whether on a camera or not. Magnifying glasses are a lotof fun. I take lenses off $1 yard sale cameras - you name it, I use it.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    I use any lens I find whether on a camera or not. Magnifying glasses are a lotof fun. I take lenses off $1 yard sale cameras - you name it, I use it.
    Sounds great. If I were to experiment like this, what camera can do this? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For lenses like this, you don't have a shutter... so the most likely camera to do this on is a Speed Graphic. I use any sort of salvaged lens I can on my 3x4 Graphic... from lenses from broken cameras to enlarging lenses and more. Right now I'm working with a 50mm Pentax lens from a 35mm camera... it will enlarge anywhere between 1.75x and 3.125x, depending on bellows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Most of my playing is done on a Calumet cc-400 or cc-401, because the lensboards are simple 4x4 and can be made from anything from cardboard to wood and metal. Most of mine are mat board, and I fasten lenses with hot melt glue. I'm waiting for an adapter board for my Cambo so I can use my Calumet 4x4 boards on it.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like there is a fair number of us who are playing with mismatched bits of glass. I have cadged together a couple of odd bad imitations of old Petzvals, but I have had the most success with a Dollar Store magnifying glass. (the only glass I have at the time being that fully covers 8x10)
    Last edited by Toffle; 05-13-2011 at 06:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would actually pay someone to take a lens off my broken Olympus 35 SP and put it on some other manual 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm glad to find that i'm not alone. Theo, your results are amazing! this is very similar to the look i am looking for. I really like your images! Well i'm getting my box of fun soon, and in the meantime, i'm going to take the glass out of this old 620 camera i have that isn't useable. I am going to play around with a magnifying glass too. I was also thinking of maybe taking the bottom of a coke bottle and polishing it. I know thats extreme and crazy, but has anyone else had this thought? would probably make a pretty nice image if you got it polished enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great stuff thicktheo!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    Great stuff thicktheo!
    Almost wants to make me trade in my Shen-Hao so I can play with lenses like that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well i just pulled apart that little tlr. I think i'm going to make a lens around the, i'm not sure what to call it, basically what is used instead of a fresnel lens in a cheap camera, sort of like a magnifying glass. it looks cool, focused on to a piece of paper, focusing the light that comes in from my window.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin