Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,624   Online: 713

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Graflex SLR vs Speed Graphic

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Anny03.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	34903

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Super_D03.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	131.5 KB 
ID:	34904

Here is an Anniversary Speed Graphic and a Graflex RB Super D. Both cameras are 3-1/4x4-1/4.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What is a focal plane shutter? What is the mean difference between Pacemaker SG and Crown Graphic? I have those 2 and didn't use any of them yet [i bought one without any lens or lens board and the other with lens on lens board, so i have only 1 lens to use for both] and i don't know what i will get with over the another.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tareq,

The Speed Graphics have two separate exposure systems. The first is a lens mounted in a leaf shutter at the front side of the bellows. The second is a focal plane shutter at the back of the bellows. The focal plane shutter is a piece of rubberized fabric with slits that moves in front of the film to make the exposure. To use the focal plane shutter, you need to leave the front shutter open OR to use the front shutter you need to leave the focal plane shutter open. Crown Graphics do not have the focal plane shutter. Speed Graphics can use lenses that are not mounted in a shutter.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Tareq,

The Speed Graphics have two separate exposure systems. The first is a lens mounted in a leaf shutter at the front side of the bellows. The second is a focal plane shutter at the back of the bellows. The focal plane shutter is a piece of rubberized fabric with slits that moves in front of the film to make the exposure. To use the focal plane shutter, you need to leave the front shutter open OR to use the front shutter you need to leave the focal plane shutter open. Crown Graphics do not have the focal plane shutter. Speed Graphics can use lenses that are not mounted in a shutter.
    I see, that explain it very well even i didn't understand yet, but i have to check out what you've said to know/understand it.

Thank you very much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TareqPhoto see http://graflex.org/first-time.html for complete descriptions of the Crown Graphic and the Speed Graphic cameras.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin