Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,963   Posts: 1,558,383   Online: 762

Shooter
    35mm

Beautiful Antique LF Portrait - Movie Star??

I found this in a huge stack of vintage prints. I convinced myself that it might be a well known star from early in the 20th century, but before I share my opinion I would be curious if anyone has a gut reaction as to the identity of the subject.

Many thanks,
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF6255.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't who it is but I like it none the less!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you think this could be the same person? The eyes nose and chin look similar but with the different expression/make up I cant tell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails starlet-stutz.jpg  
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, truth be told I thought it was Gloria Swanson. She had a distinctive shape to the outside corners of her mouth - almost a bit like the corners of the Joker's mouth if you know what I mean. Also she had a very fine nose. I thought this model shared both features, along with Swanson's eyebrows and eye sockets. For added spice, here is the back of the print marked Steichen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF6256.jpg  
    Last edited by jon koss; 05-14-2011 at 06:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin