Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,728   Online: 880

Shooter
    Multi Format

Polaroid 405 in a 3.25 x 4.25 speed graphic? / What to do with 3x4?

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has successfully modified a Polaroid 405 pack film back to work on a 3.25 x 4.25 camera.

Or

What are my other options for using a 3x4 camera? I picked this thing up at a flea market thinking it was a 4x5. I would be interested in getting a roll film holder for the camera, but I can't seem to find one for 3x4 anywhere.

Do you think I should get a 2x3 roll film back & glue it on a larger frame?

My Speed Graphic has the Graflock back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got some 3x4 holders and shoot Efke film from Freestyle in mine

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/191134...ets?cat_id=404
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have three boxes of 50 sheets each of 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" Ilford film that has been in the freezer since I got it.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I just found some 3x4 holders on Etsy & purchased. Soon to buy some film as well. Sirius, are you implying you want to sell? How much would you want per box?

I was just a bit hesitant since I've never shot large format before. Largest I've shot is 6x6 120.

Very excited about it though, especially since the speed graphic has a focal plane shutter. I've already found a few odd lens bits that look really good on it.

Any advice on cheap developing without a darkroom? Student here, so cash flow is fairly restricted.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by corneydj View Post
    Sirius, are you implying you want to sell? How much would you want per box?
    Please see my ad in the classified section:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...heet-film.html

I special ordered 12 boxes because 3 1/4" x 4 1/4" film is hard to find in the major brands. The camera turned out to be too unreliable to use and I returned it. Since then I have sold off nine of the boxes. If you are interested, send a PM to me.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin