Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,052   Online: 964

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rodenstock Geronar 150mm

Does anyone have experience with this lens and what quality it is.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Geronars are a budget Rodenstock lens - while they produce quality images, they have much smaller image circles than their bigger cousins, resulting in constrained camera movements. They are also not as fast, so the image on the ground glass is less bright, making them a little trickier to focus. On the upside, they are much smaller, making them well suited to landscape and travel photography where lighter weight could well be an acceptable trade-off for the reduced image circle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have one that I bought new in the mid '80's and it is very small and light, it is a 3 element design that is capable of ok resolution. Works for most enlargment sizes but if cropped alot you can notice the lack of resolution.

Marty

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just bought a set of 150mm f6.3 Geronar cells, the idea is to use the lens with one of my 9x12 Patent Etui's as it's about the only modern coated or MC lens taht will fit. The rear cell of a 150mm G Claron is too deep so the camera won't close but the Geronar is thinner, so at last a practical lens.

Not expecting stunning results at wider apertures but it ahould be interesting for portraits etc, it'll be fine at f22, and ok at f16.

Ian

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin