Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,237   Online: 905

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries

Carrying around LF camera in the back 40

OK...I have one of those army A.L.I.C.E. packs---the medium size...both with and without a frame. I have a Toyo field camera and some lenses and all the trimmings....any suggestions on making it fit in said pack without slipping a disk?...or more importantly, without smashing it all up?
    Last edited by Tom Nutter; 05-16-2011 at 07:43 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    "If you want to be famous, you must do something more badly than anybody in the entire world." Miroslav Tichı

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HAHA! baby jogger. Well I am interested in carrying methods for my cambo as well so i am going to subscribe to this thread.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Over the last few years I've read about the baby stroller thing over and over. So, I think geeze, how sad, all those old guys cant even carry a little camera. Fast forward till a couple of months ago. I picked one up at a garage sale. On a trip to Death Valley I finally used it.

Well, those old guys are me, worked out pretty slick.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    MY army A.L.I.C.E. pack doesn't seem to have the correct attachment points to make that baby jogger useful....any other ideas?.....maybe something innovative on how to compartmentalize a big empty rucksack?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not just a baby jogger - check out a "Nordic Cab" - stroller, bike trailer, dog sled, ect - rated for 110 pound load and has a solid plastic bottom. I have been down this road and a NordicCab is one of the best solutions out there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old wheel chair that was given me by a friend. I have refitted it to carry a couple of 4x5's and related equiptment, along with tripods and a bag of MF gear.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    check out some of the MOLLE gear backpacks, they will work quite well. Also, have read about folks using the fishing reel cases (hold one or more fishing reels) for their lens. If you do a search on here should get quite a few hits on the different ideas folks have had.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pretty sure Tom is looking for ideas of how to compartmentalize a pack he already has... the reel case is along the right track - anyone else with on topic ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just checking out last night some different backpacks. I found that if i take the rail off my cambo, it will fit in a think tank "street walker" back pack, which is fairly small. I am planning on picking one of these up very soon.
    -Austin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin