Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,758   Online: 1130

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    To be honest, it was designed for either one. That's why you have a graflok back on it. That's why you have a range finder on it. Way more 120 film types available than 4x5 sheet.

As far as lens? How many do you need? a 65, 101 (or so), a 135 fuji, and a 150 Fuji. All will fit that lens board size with the appropriate sized hole. As far a new 2x3 holders, picked up a half dozen three or four years ago.. in boxes with instruction papers intact. How many do you need? And there are millions of them out there in perfectly usable shape.

A non-issue. A red herring. A delusional falsity. And the Crown 2x3 is plastic so it's pretty light. Not a whole lot heavier than my rb67. If at all.

tim in san jose
    The Crown Graphic is made of wood and covered in leather. The Century Graphic is made with a plastic body.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    The Crown Graphic is made of wood and covered in leather. The Century Graphic is made with a plastic body.
    I appreciate your astute observation. And how do you know that camera is not a Century? They both used the same lens board.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim, it is 2x3 Pacemaker Crown. The first post in this thread says it is on eBay, 380314781601. Go look. One of the marks of the Century is no body shutter release. 380314781601 has one.

This is what you get for not reading the thread from the first post before responding.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Tim, it is 2x3 Pacemaker Crown. The first post in this thread says it is on eBay, 380314781601. Go look. One of the marks of the Century is no body shutter release. 380314781601 has one.

This is what you get for not reading the thread from the first post before responding.

Cheers,

Dan
    Excuse me for breathing Dan. I read it from the start. Just because an EBay ad says it is something doesn't make it so. Some of us who do know a fair amount about Graphics are not quite as up to date with your minute trivia knowledge of Crowns and Speeds. Spare the barb and just answer the freaking question.

You just took one step down from the exalted position of knowledge I had set you upon. Maybe that's a good thing.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim, as you well know I'm often mistaken.

Now take a look at the image in the listing. You're right that text in ebay listings often, um, misleads but the image, if it is of the camera on offer, is pretty conclusive.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tim, as you well know I'm often mistaken.
    I, on the other hand, have never been wrong, except for the time I thought that I was wrong and it turned out in the end I was right.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    It's not plastic, It's mahoganite! Which is, um, kind of like plastic but much more luxurious.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose LS Gil View Post
    Actually, the image size is smaller than a 6X9cm. It is closer to a 6X7.5cm size.
    Can this be correct? Rollfilm backs for the Baby Graflexes were made for 6x6, 6x7, and 6x9. So the 6x9 backs only give you an extra .5cm? Seems to me the "23" gives a 6x8 negative, while the later RH8 is 6x9. Does this work out differently in practice?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The actual gate sizes are very close to 2.25" x 2.25" (56 mm x 56 mm, by convention rounded to 6 cm x 6 cm), 2.25" x 2.75" (56 mm x 68 mm, rounded to 6 cm x 7 cm), and 2.25" x 3.25" (56 mm x 82 mm, rounded to 6 cm x 9 cm).

The RH-8 has pin rollers at the long ends of the gate, gives slightly shorter frames than earlier Graphic 23 roll holders without the pin rollers. 56 x 78, more or less. RH-10 and RH-12 holders also have the pin rollers and so do late Graphic 23s. The rollers are said to improve film flatness. Haven't checked that m'self.

The metric sizes 6x6, 6x7, and 6x9 are sloppy approximations to the actual sizes. Same goes for 6x12 (56x112).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The RH-8 has pin rollers at the long ends of the gate, gives slightly shorter frames than earlier Graphic 23 roll holders without the pin rollers. 56 x 78, more or less. RH-10 and RH-12 holders also have the pin rollers and so do late Graphic 23s. The rollers are said to improve film flatness.
    Have you noticed an actual difference on your negatives? I ask because I'm trying to trade my way to a baby speed, and I'm trying with the tough stuff first. I already have a graflok back (hope it will fit), next on the list are the roll film holders. The RH's seem to command a premium. I'm curious if that is driven by internet wisdom only.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Matt, are you in the US?
    I have a pre-anniversary 2x3 speed you are welcome to have for shipping.
    Kinda ugly, but it may work for you or even just for parts.

I may have a extra roll film back I could sell on the cheap. Let me know
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin