Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,057   Online: 994

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oben Tripods

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daleeman View Post
    You mentioned you have the Induro and I have their 113 in metal. It is a very nice traveling tripod. I also have the C313 Carbon Induro and it does more traveling than I do. It is back in for the second time in two years for rebuild. The twist locks in the Induro will not hold up very well. The center column begins to rotate as it wears out the keyed insert and the leg locks spin under the grips to lock them. Not impressed would be my vote.

I'll send my 113 in for its first rebuild after I get back from Canada next month. It has held up better because of the lighter loads it supports, but if my two models reflect the Induro line, I'd find other legs to purchase.
    Lee
    Oh man, really?! That doesn't bode well for me. I'm pretty rough on gear. We'll see how long she lasts.....thanks for the heads up.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Klainmeister View Post
    Oh man, really?! That doesn't bode well for me. I'm pretty rough on gear. We'll see how long she lasts.....thanks for the heads up.
    I'd hoped the legs would hold up better for what one pays for things these days. Hope yours hold up better!
    Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd search for a used Gitzo tripod over a new cheaper brand. The Gitzos will last for years. You might try looking at the Gitzo G-1228 carbon fiber, weighs 3.35 lbs, rated up to 17.6 lbs load, combined with a lightweight ballhead like a Kaiser 6011 rated for the same load capacity. A great combo for lightweight 4 x 5 down to 35mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin