Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,678   Online: 863

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Autex shutter questions.

I have an Autex shutter on my 8x10. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out what this nozzle is on the shutter. The shutter already has a release lever so I am doubting this is an air release fitting but if I'm wrong feel free to say otherwise. Looks like some sort of air fitting. How do you use flash on one of these? Or do you?
    Cliff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ipod 258.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes, it's an air release. I've got a nearly-identical rebadged "Conley" shutter, and I was able to get several feet of 3/16" ID latex tubing which fits perfectly over the little nipple. To trigger it I use an ear bulb syringe jammed in the other end of the tubing. Your shutter probably won't accept a cable release, BTW. And it predates electronic flash; some old shutters have had flash synch added by repair techs, but I dunno about the Autex.
    Last edited by leighmarrin; 05-27-2011 at 03:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin