Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,255   Online: 1181

Thread: Korona history?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Korona history?

I'm curious about the Korona history, and how can you find out how old your Korona is? Mine just has a tiny plate on the front standard identifying it as a Korona, nothing else. Is there a site with the details listed?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Gary,

Look here: http://www.fiberq.com/cam/gund.htm

Hope this helps,

Paul
    Paul Hamann

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Paul! Looks like mine is a minimum of 74 years old, max 95. In pretty good shape considering.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Korona 5X7 and wondered what model/year it was made. Thanks Paul for the link. Mine looks like the "Home Portrait". Like Garry's I only have a simple label "korona" on the front. I also have the leather carry strap with "Gundalch" stamped on it. Probably from the 1930's. I think the older cameras used decals instead of name plates.

I also found an old wooden tripod made by the Rochester Optical Co. Very sturdy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't find a match for my Korona 8x10 at the link Paul provided. Maybe it's because mine was made for the government. I'd like a little more history on the Koronas as well, but I think that Paul's link is as good as it gets.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    This yanks the thread to a slightly new direction, but for all you Korona users out there:
    I recently acquired a Korona Panorama View, of the 7x17 persuasion. The previous owner had shimmed the gg back 7/64" from the original position. Interestingly the included holder has the standard edge to film depth of .359" which doesn't match the position of the glass, or of the original glass frame. Maybe that's why it went up on e-bay!
    Anyone familiar with Koronas and tweaking the gg position?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckled Edge
    This yanks the thread to a slightly new direction, but for all you Korona users out there:
    I recently acquired a Korona Panorama View, of the 7x17 persuasion. The previous owner had shimmed the gg back 7/64" from the original position. Interestingly the included holder has the standard edge to film depth of .359" which doesn't match the position of the glass, or of the original glass frame. Maybe that's why it went up on e-bay!
    Anyone familiar with Koronas and tweaking the gg position?
    The thing that I checked on my 12X20 Korona (when I had it) was the T dimension of the holder with a depth micrometer by laying a stable straight edge across both webs of the holder. (that is the distance from the holder web to the septum.) I then measured the corresponding offset of the ground glass to the spring back. Adjusting the ground glass to correspond to the holder T dimension should be fairly straightforward (would require shimming or relieving the ground glass mounting into the spring back). Remember to take into account the thickness of the film that you are using when making your calculations.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin