Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,338   Online: 984

Shooter
    35mm

Storing Large Format

Just a quick question. Is it better for the camera/bellows to store a folding 4x5 folded or with the bellows partially extended? I assume partially extended, but protected makes the most sense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've heard arguements for both... Some guys alternat closed for 2 weeks the open for two weeks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I am just guessing here, but I wonder if long term storage in any position could be the damaging factor? If I was not able to use my camera for a very long time, I would probably occasionally "exercise" the bellows, along with the shutters. Another good reason to photograph as often as possible, along with exercising my mind.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As long as you don't store the bellows in direct sunlight and high temperatures I think it really doesn't matter that much.
    Of course the best thing to do is to use the camera regularly (and that is not just to take care of the bellows).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin