Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,742   Online: 847

Shooter
    Medium Format

wide angle lens for gaoersi 6x12

Hi guys,

I'm getting more and more fascinated by gaoersi panoramic 6x12 camera; could you suggest me a light and SHARP wide angle (around 90mm) that fully covers that format in the 400-500 dollars range? I would use it not as a landscape camera (no tripod and so on..) and I would use mostly fast b&w films...but also color transparencies even if occasionally....

many thanx. cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a 75mm f8 Super Angulon for mine, I found a 90mm isn't quite wide enough for my taste, it's a standard lens for the vertical 6cm dimension. A 75mm is also smaller & lighter than a comparable 90mm, mine cost about 150 euros from Italy.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Ian, glad to hear you again here. Did you buy it in italy?? You can count LF users here in italy on the hands fingers !! what a lucky man you are !! what's your opinion on the gaoersi camera instead? Is it reliable ?
    thanx

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had my 6x17 Gaoersi for 3 or 4 years now, it's been very reliable and when I had a mishap with the viewfinder I had no problem getting the broken part. (The camera must have been accidentally dropped).

It was pure luck finding a good 75mm SA in Italy, it was listed on Ebay UK, when it arrived it was mint in it's original box and appeared to be unused.

I think for 6x12 I'd definitely recommend a 75mm over a 90mm. Have a look at Steve Smiths posts recently on his home built 6x12 with a 65mm SA.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh my God, I saw steve's 6X12 camera right now, it's really OUTSTANDING !!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plus View Post
    Oh my God, I saw steve's 6X12 camera right now, it's really OUTSTANDING !!
    Thank you. You probably will not want to know that I only paid £20 for my 65mm SA lens!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    yes, I read it and I'm glad for you, there is no grudge in my heart ...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin