Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,934   Online: 801

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only stupid question is the one not asked.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    +1
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This problem was solved years ago. Get some Riteway Locking film holders. The darkslide does not come out unless the filmholder is inserted in the camera (or you press the little white button). I have a few and really like them.
    For some reason, many people actually rip out the little "L" latches on the standard film holders and they especially hate these Riteway Locking holders, so you should be able to get them for cheap. Personally, I'd pay a premium to get more of them.

Last edited by ic-racer; 06-05-2011 at 09:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    This problem was solved years ago. Get some Riteway Locking film holders. The darkslide does not come out unless the filmholder is inserted in the camera (or you press the little white button). I have a few and really like them.
    For some reason, many people actually rip out the little "L" latches on the standard film holders and they especially hate these Riteway Locking holders, so you should be able to get them for cheap. Personally, I'd pay a premium to get more of them.

That's awesome. Didnt know anything like that existed. PErhaps when I decide to buy more film holders....
    "I have captured the light and arrested its flight! The sun itself shall draw my pictures!"

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    4x5 Format

You think?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick A View Post
    If a cat always lands on its feet, and buttered bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you tied buttered bread on top of a cat?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sometimes the little metal locks will become unscrewed over time. Try tightening them all as far as they will go, then only turning them back as far as needed.

You also can't go wrong with the rubber band idea.

I don't use individual Ziplocs for my film holders, but I do always keep my film holders in a sealing bag.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cblurton View Post
    If a cat always lands on its feet, and buttered bread always lands butter side down, what would happen if you tied buttered bread on top of a cat?
    is the buttered or unbuttered side of the bread face down on the back of the cat?

-Louis Daguerre, 1839-

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a plastic Igloo cooler to hold film holders and try not to pack them too tightly. I put 1/4" tape indicating what type of film is in the holder. After I shoot both sides, I tape the slides down to protect the shot film. I use only high quality drafting tape for my film holders. Igloo coolers aren't perfect because of the static charge they sometimes have that attracts dust. They're easy to clean though. We all work differently and there's no one perfect way for all.

Shooter
    35mm
    Cats are best seasoned with rosemary, garlic and vinegar, not with butter. Probably nothing bad would happen if you use some butter on a cat, but your reputation as a cook might suffer.

( )
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cblurton View Post
    The cat would lick the butter off the toast on the way down therefore allowing it to land on its feet without breaking the buttered toast law.

I put thick rubber bands around my film holders to keep the dark slides in place.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin