Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,154   Online: 822

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    35mm
    It seems to me the Xenar would have enough coverage for the minimal movements of the Crown Graphic. Have you actually tried it and run out of movements?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Many f/7.7 203mm Ektars fit in a 34mm hole, and provide about a 200mm image circle. My late version of this fine lens in a Graphic shutter requires a 39mm hole.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    It seems to me the Xenar would have enough coverage for the minimal movements of the Crown Graphic. Have you actually tried it and run out of movements?
    Not yet. I hope you are right but based on lens info Xenar 135mm has no spare coverage for shift movement. I am going to do some test shots today so I shall find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    Many f/7.7 203mm Ektars fit in a 34mm hole, and provide about a 200mm image circle. My late version of this fine lens in a Graphic shutter requires a 39mm hole.
    Ektar 203mm is within my preferred FL (165-210) and is not expensive either. I am sure I can widen the hole if I have to.

Talking about lensboard, 34mm hole is for Copal #0 (34.7mm) shutter, right?
    So if I look for lens with Copal #0 shutter it'll fit.
    And avoid bulky lens as mentioned before ..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Lens boards are fairly inexpensive and widely available. I wouldn't limit myself by the need to fit the board you have.

Dan

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin