Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,694   Online: 873

Images

Pentax 1/21 battery question again.

Which battery controls which part of the meter?

Does the 9volt control the low end the mercury batter control the high end or vice versa?
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    9V low end (what is it , up to EV7?)
    mercury high end

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As luck would have it, here's a Pentax 1/21 post I made yesterday containing a link to a searchable copy of the full 100-page user manual for this meter.

On manual page 30 (PDF page 34) is the following:

"The 1/21 meter is powered by two batteries - one 1.3 volt mercury battery and one 9 volt dry cell. The mercury battery operates the high range, 'H', and the dry cell operates the low range, 'L.'"

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Images
    Why thank you Ken. PDF Downloded
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin