Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,105   Online: 837

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Polaroid 405 - are both rollers meant to spin freely?

Hi everyone - just a quick Q's. Bought a older style (metal bail) polaroid 405 holder off another member here. Having never owned one is the bottom roller mean to spin freely? On mine the top metal roller spins beautifully but the bottom one is hardish to turn.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover"

- Mark Twain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbishi View Post
    Hi everyone - just a quick Q's. Bought a older style (metal bail) polaroid 405 holder off another member here. Having never owned one is the bottom roller mean to spin freely? On mine the top metal roller spins beautifully but the bottom one is hardish to turn.
    Yes! The both rollers have to spin freely or you will not get good coverage from the developer goop in the pod. If you look closely at the bracket holding them, you can see how to take them off. I usually clean mine with lighter fluid, but alcohol and other solvents work well.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

All of the Polaroid devices I have do allow the rollers to turn. If this was not intended, they probably would have just put in a curved panel and save quite a bit of money in manufacturing them.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin