Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,406   Online: 1172

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I thought about that. Scared me a little bit - I was afraid that if it got to the bond line, it might attack the adhesive.
    In any event, problem has been solved. The way I got there will scare all of you and not let me near any of your gear. I heat soaked the lens for a while, wrapped inside a heating pad. It still didn't want to come out with gentle pushing. Finally, I used the foam wrapped back of a pair of pliers and tapped on the nose with a hammer (okay, about as hard as you would to drive in a 15 gauge finish nail) a bunch of times, moving the handle around the perimeter as the lens shifted. Finally, it popped out with not a mark on it. It's been cleaned, re-assembled properly and is now much happier (as am I, if only I could get permissions right on this @#$*&#^$@ Windows 7 computer)

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan,does glass expand or contract when heated.Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It expands when heated, at a rate of around 6-8 parts per million per degree C (you'll commonly see ppm/C). For Aluminum, the thermal expansion is around 22 ppm/C. In any event, you're not talking about large deflections, since you wouldn't have a temperature swing of more than around 50C.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have in the past been able to remove stuck lens elements using canned air. Place the plastic nozzle between the lens elemant and the bbl. of the shutter and then lightly pull the trigger. Has worked for me several times. Good Luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin