Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,020   Online: 682

Shooter
    Large Format

Graflex Speed Graphic Camera Needs Evaluation

I am in Southern California and am looking for a reliable source to take my Speed Graphic camera in for evaluation. It belonged to my Father and is still in working condition circa 1940. I am interested in selling it but have no idea of it's worth. I think a proper evaluation must be done in person and would like any suggestions of where I can take it in this area. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Find out what you've got.

I'd look closely at www.Graflex.org first to determine what you've got. If the camera was new in 1940, then it is an Anniversary Speed Graphic. They came in three sizes (2 1/4 x 3 1/4, 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 and 45 in.) and two different backs (Graphic and Graflex) all this will be explained on that site. Once you know what you have and if everything works including the lens, if it has a shutter, then I'd go to that popular auction site and do a search for that model using the completed auctions feature. There are lots and lots every week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Samys on Fairfax in West Los Angeles. See the people on the fourth floor.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin