Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,445   Online: 973

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wray 5 1/2 inch enlarger lens

Hi,

New to this forum, and I have a question that has probably been asked before. I'm awaiting the delivery my new to me MPP 5x4 camera and I 'm thinking initially of just doing paper negatives as i have free with my old enlarger some 30m of 20 year old photographic paper - kodak.

However, beyond that I'm wondering what enlarger lens i need to use sheet film, I have an old but very usable Wray f4.5 Supar 5 1/2 inch and wondered whether this could be used or should just but a?newer 135mm lens?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Wray Supar's were OK but a more modern lens tends to be better coated (not all Supar's were) and would give better results. 135mm Componon and Componon S can be found at quite reasonable prices.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm a fan of old lenses, as long as they are clean. I fancy my work to resemble photos from the 40's and 50's, so I try to utilize gear from the era.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin