Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,070   Online: 1127

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

PEACEMAKER SPEED GRAPHIC LENSBOARDS KIT

Hi there!

I decided to buy a SA 75 MM for my peacemaker speed graphic but I need a complete set of lensboards 'cause I'm not sure at all which copal I got now (the rear ring is REALLY TIGHT so I even can not measure the hole I got now - optar 135 mm f4.5 onboard -)...
    I saw heavystar guy got no items in his ebayshop anymore so do you know where I could find speed graphic lensboards in europe or even in USA for a fair price?

thanx so much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The SA 75mm f8 (& f5.6) fit a Copal/Compur #O lens board.

Heavystar in the US sells boards new at very reasonable prices via his ebay, but he's away until the end of this month (28th) which is why he has no listings.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yep, I saw the vacation message but who knows if he still got something for me...
    so this could do the trick, right?
    http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sure I do not need a recessed board? I saw this lens is much bigger than the old optar I got mounted on it right now...
    What is a reasonable reference price for this lensboard Ian? thanx!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's actually a Super Graphic lens board but it'll fit just the same, but don't bid too high on it

I've used my 75mm SA on a normal board (one of the Heavystar ones). Heavystar always almost always has new Pacemaker lens boards so either wait a couple of weeks or keep an eye on Ebay, but don't pay too much - anything 20 euros and over is too expensive, I bought 3 new boards for under $40.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-17-2011 at 09:22 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Medium Format
    GREAT thanx Ian, I guess I will wait for the heavystar guy to come back...all the best

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought an undrilled Pacemaker board for US$20 a month ago on ebay. Very nice but I wouldn't pay more than that. Most of the ones I've seen there are way over priced or the wrong sized hole. I also will check out heavystar when he gets back. Thanks for the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plus View Post
    Hi there!

I decided to buy a SA 75 MM for my peacemaker speed graphic
    What kinda ammo you got loaded in that Peacemaker?

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    tim, what do you mean for AMMO ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    plus, I respect you for trying to communicate with us in our language. Your English is much better than my Italian, but not perfect.

Peacemaker is a nickname of the .45 caliber single-action Colt revolver. Ammo is a short way of saying ammunition.

Your camera is a Pacemaker Graphic. Graflex Inc., predecessors, and successors gave their products names that are hard for native speakers of English to use correctly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Will the 75mm lens be able to focus on infinity on that camera?

"Pacemaker" is a compound word for someone/something that "sets the pace." "Pace" like the pace car in an auto race. A "Peacemaker" is an old revolver in the U.S. "Ammo" = slang for ammunition, i.e. bullets in this case.

English is a terribly hard language. Congratulations on learning it.

Try www.KEH.com for lens boards too. Sometimes you can find a deal there.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin