Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,801   Online: 763

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by airchinapilot View Post
    Last year I took apart my Pacemaker's focal plane shutter thinking I could improve it. I thought the shutter wasn't firing at the proper speeds. Predictably, given my lack of skill or misunderstanding instructions, I gave up halfway. All the parts are there -- I more or less put it back together -- but I'm not going to be able to fix it and the FPS does not work.

I don't really use it any more but I feel bad for wrecking its function. Everything else works, just not the rear shutter. Before I wrecked it I wanted to explore barrel lenses. I don't care so much now but whoever wants to use it after me might.

Is this an easy fix for a professional? Should I bother throwing money into a repair?

I was thinking of just selling it as is if it sounded like the repair was too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    to retime the shutter
    you just unscrew one thing
    and loosen + tighten another
    leaving the shutter on "0"

email bert, he will be able to help you
    Last year, the shutter on my just acquired 4"x5" Graflex Model D tore. I emailed Bert on graflex.org, just as jnanian said. Bert walked me step by step repairing the shutter and adjusting the shutter speed via email. Bert is a retired Graflex and Graphic repairman with over 26 years experience in the job. For years he repaired the cameras after he retired. He is definitely the go to man for your problem.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmmm well now that I'm single maybe I can give it my whole concentration now. Thanks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by airchinapilot View Post
    Hmmmm well now that I'm single maybe I can give it my whole concentration now. Thanks
    HAHAHA

Are you single now because you were giving it too much of your partial attention? Sounds like how my last several relationships ended.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i can't pretend that she didn't understand my photography hobby .. nor the parts of it that included attractive females

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's exactly why I stick to architecture and landscapes.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Next time take a Holley 4 barrel carburetor apart and put it back together as a warm up procedure, then dive into the shutter.

Us guys that brag about what we can take apart and put together are like slot machine gamblers who brag about all the money they won but never seem to mention how much they contributed to the palace they're standing in.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin