Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,678   Online: 738

Shooter
    Multi Format

Fuji 450C F/12.5 lens for 8x10 Large Format?

I've been successful with my 300mm Fuji lens on my 8x10 adventure so I am looking at something in the 400mm to 450mm range. I found a Fuji 450C f/12.5 and wanted to check with the group here to verify this is a good lens choice. It has plenty of image circle so that won't be an issue. I am wondering about size, weight, sharpness, etc.

Thanks

Tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Go for it, i use the 450c quite a bit on my Ritter 8x10/7x11 - no complaints. It is small, not much different than the 300. Good sharp lens.
    Mike C

Rambles

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Mike said, go for it. It is a very desirable lens. Tiny and a good performer. Ground glass will be a little dark but the results you get with this lens will make you smile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would recommend the Nikkor M 450 over the Fuji- the fuji is do dim as to be nearly unusable in my opinion. But the Nikkor is much more manageable compared to the 480 Symmars and Sironars.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Nikkor 450M on my 5x4 - in combination with a small top hat extension. I can vouch that this is a first rate lens. Its quite a heavy lens (compared to my others) but my Walker Titan can "take the strain" with ease.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I own both the Fuji 300C and the 450C. The two lenses look the same, you have to read the model to tell them apart. They both use the same filters as well. It's one of the three lenses I carry and it works great.
    I'm in Burlington, Ontario if you want to try one out.

-Rob Skeoch
    Rob Skeoch
    This is my blog http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/
    This my website for photo supplies...
    www.bigcameraworkshops.com
    This is my website for Rangfinder gear
    www.rangefinderstore.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have the Fuji and the Nikkor. The fujinis great on 8x10 and the Nikkor is a little greater. The Fuji is a nice, tiny lens..Evan Clarke

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin