Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,193   Online: 856

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    and a few multi coated options:
    check item number 120744265298 and also 250841246121 on the auction site.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, yeah I did not expect much difference between them.
    Angulon 165/6.8 sounds good but Super-Angulon is a bit high on price.
    Oh, btw, if there are any good lenses in FL ranging 135-180mm I am all ears.
    I'd like to spend around $400.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    krifartida thanks.
    Checked those Fujinons and they look good. Very interested in 150mm but the seller only ship to Japan and USA. I can't even ask the seller.
    I had Fujinon in mind but since Fuji is not known for lens manufacturer (for me) I left out. I might have another look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Ian, but I missed the Crown Graphic part.
    I have both the A165 and SA165 but you have to be rather obsessed with coverage to try it on a 4x5 (it's excellent on 8x10 though).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Fujinon EBC are considered to be some of the best lenses out there, the coating technology is by far the best.
    they come up every now and again on ebay. i would keep an eye pealed for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who makes Fujinon lenses?
    I doubt Fuji has lens plant.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Fuji Japan used to make the LF lenses, in the same plant they now make "hasselblad" lenses for the H series and Xpan cameras. in japan the hasselblad H and Xpan are sold under the Fuji brand. needless to say they are good, if they can carry the hasselblad name, but they are very very very good on their own accord.
    Fuji's main industry is semi conductors, chemicals and Cathode technology.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have had good results with my Fuji lenses and I would think any of the 150's mentioned would equally as well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eSPhotos View Post
    I doubt Fuji has lens plant.
    Is this a troll? Or a knowledgable question? The lenses were made by Fujinon Inc. which in 2010 was absorbed into Fujifilm Corporation, from which it originated. The lens division is now called Fujifilm - Optical Devices Division.

Anyway, if you like Fuji lenses here is an inside look at the lens manufacturing plant. Very impressive:

http://www.fdtimes.com/articles/fuji...n_300HiRez.pdf
    Last edited by ic-racer; 07-02-2011 at 04:54 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Caltar IIN series are the very same lenses as the Rodenstock APO Sironar N and Grandagon N, just engraved differently and sold by Calumet. Calumet is a large educational supplier and a large fraction of Caltar IINs that come up on the used market have seen minimal use. Brand name recognition being what it is the Caltars are real bargains in the used marketplace. The 210mm f/5.6 ones (301mm IC) routinely sell for less than $200 in pristine condition on eBay. Mine is exquisite--as is my 135mm Caltar IIN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin