Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,086   Online: 1020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Refurb the back, it's not that hard.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You don't need a Graflok back, just refurb as John says I've given you my suggestions, it's two or three nights work because apints need time to dry, but it's very easy.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never said it was too hard to do just merely an alternative. I don't have much experience with cleaning and painting things, so this should be interesting. I do appreciate everyone's insight and advice. Also have a 4 1/4 x 3 1/4 that will most likely become a display queen since film isn't made in that size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't worry about lack of experience we learn by mistakes

When I bought 2 Speed Graphics a few (4 or 5) years ago sold on ebay as 2 for parts to rebuild one good camera I was horrified to find they were quite different one pre-Anniversary the other a Pacemaker so no common parts. However both are now back in action.

As it is your camera's worth very little at the moment and looks bad, a new back will be $70 or more as they are sought after to make reducing backs for larger camera's, you'd also need a new range-finder.

You've nothing to lose taking the existing back off (6 screws from memory) and then taking apart and cleaning up, use a wire brush for an electric drill and just see what appears.

It's fun I really enjoy the challenge. Get the 5x4 fixed then think about the other, Quarter plate film is still available It's a bit expensive though. I am using an early 1900's 1/4 plate camera

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 3-1/4x4-1/4 Pacemaker Speed Graphic, a 3-1/4x4-1/4 Anniversary Speed Graphic and a 3-1/4x4-1/4 Graflex RB Super D and I use all three cameras. Those that say you cannot use a 3x4 camera aren't trying very hard.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Old School, Just in case you haven't run across it, the Graflex.org website has everything you'd want to know about Graflex and Graphic cameras:
    http://www.graflex.org/
    I have two Graphics and two Graflexes, and the site has been a treasure for me. Very nice helpful people.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Efke film from Freestyle; I've tried it in my RB Graflex.
    I have also cut down some 4 x 5 Arista EDU film as I am not in love with the Efke 100 I bought.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tessar View Post
    Hey Old School, Just in case you haven't run across it, the Graflex.org website has everything you'd want to know about Graflex and Graphic cameras:
    http://www.graflex.org/
    I have two Graphics and two Graflexes, and the site has been a treasure for me. Very nice helpful people.
    I have perused that site already on a few occasions. I just haven't really delved to deeply in yet. I think between here and the graflex site I will find more info than I ever thought I needed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mwdake View Post
    You can get 3 1/4 x 4 1/4 Efke film from Freestyle; I've tried it in my RB Graflex.
    I have also cut down some 4 x 5 Arista EDU film as I am not in love with the Efke 100 I bought.
    Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware there was any film in that size available. I think I'll still stick to the 4x5 though. Since we only have a couple of film holders for the 1/4.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is a place in Whittier called Flutot's that does CLA's on shutters for a reasonable price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wade D View Post
    There is a place in Whittier called Flutot's that does CLA's on shutters for a reasonable price.
    Carol's work is superbe. See http://www.flutotscamerarepair.com/

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin