Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,839   Online: 785

Shooter
    Multi Format

13.5cm f3.8 rokuoh-sha Hexar in sleeve?

I wonder if anyone would like to hazard a guess regarding how this lens may have been used. The only reference I can find to the 13.5cm f3.8 Hexar is in a camera called the "Lily" made for military use. However this was a folding camera and the lens was mounted in a shutter. There are also references to the Rokuoh-Sha Hexar being used in a machine gun camera but only in 75mm focal length. Similarly some reference to aerial cameras but in longer focal engths above 200mm.
    The thread would suggest that the sleeve was screwed into some sort of housing where it was quite deeply recessed. The three raised studs on the brass collar I would think are an aid to gripping the sleeve when screwing into and unscrewing from whatever housed it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hexar Series2.jpg   Hexar Series2_Back.jpg   Hexar Series2_Lens.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably an aerial camera. I have aerial camera lenses with three studs 180 degrees apart at the front of the barrel. These are used for attaching filters in spring-loaded locking mounts.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin