Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,075   Online: 734

Images

pricing cameras when there are none findable on the market

I am needing to thin the herd to afford a lathe. Just don't shoot as much as I used to and there are project cameras that will never get done.

Project cameras are easy to price.

The users are not. None of the cameras I have have recently sold on ebay, KEH, Adorama, and BH don't have them either.

For those of you who sell how do find prices on cameras in this situation. I know what they sold at 3 years ago. Not now though.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't think I have ever sold any unwanted cameras. I just give them away if they're not being used (sorry, that doesn't help you much).

I suppose ebay's completed auctions prices are as good a guide as anything.

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Try calling KEH etc. saying that you would like to sell them the equipment. They will probably quote you a price 40 -50% less than they will sell it for. That would give you an idea with some wiggle room as to what to ask for the equipment.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    There is a fellow that can appraise old cameras or lenses for $5. He has an ad on apug (antique cameras).

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Whenever I want to sell something and have no real idea of its value, I simply list it on eBay with a $1 starting price and let the market decide. I've never been disappointed with the results - especially when the item was a camera. In fact, I do this even when I do have a pretty good idea of an item's value.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin