Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,372   Online: 1105

Shooter
    4x5 Format

contrast filters for Bessler MCRX 4x5 B&W enlarger

I'm looking for some 5" X 5" or around that size contrast filters for a Bessler enlarger MCRX 4x5 B&W. There is a drawer above the condenser and I would like to put them above the negative. Can anybody recommend where I might find something or are they still available? I'm using Ilford Multigrade paper. Not sure if that will make a differance. I believe I read that Kodak makes that type of filter. I'm just new to LF.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford MG filters should still be available at your favorite retailer, online, if not local. You'll need the 6"x6" size and have to trim them a bit. I think with the Beseler you have to round the back end to fit the drawer. They do fade over time so a new set is not a bad idea.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here’s the set. You trim them with scissors to fit your filter drawer. You should have the heat-absorbing glass filter in the slot above the filters to protect the filters from excess heat.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ilter_Set.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have some Kodak Wratten filters that I used to use in my Beseler. If you are in the States you can have them for free. Send me a PM with your address if you want them.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use the Ilford 6"x6" set as well on my MCRX. They fit perfectly after a careful rounding of the back edge.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin