Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,429   Online: 966

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Assembling the Calumet 540

Hey, folks--
    I just bought a spiffy Calumet 540, and I've been having difficulty sliding the standards onto the monorail to assemble the camera. The three knobs around the opening move the standard down the length of the rail and also allow the standard to rotate in place: as far as I'm aware, there's no control to make sliding the standard onto the rail easier.

I struggled and finally managed to the standards on, but since I know lots of people break their cameras down for travel and storage, I figured there must be a better way that I'm not discovering. Thanks in advance for any insight one of you could provide!
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If the bellows are removable, and the F&R standards can be rotated paralel to the rail, that could make it easier for you.
    At least the camera would pack flat.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Second John's suggestion and add that the bellows come off easily. To ask the obvious stupid question, you did press the little stop in, didn't you?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Um... what little stop?
    website | Flickr
    "Embrace the negative with absolution, your final positive reward." --IQ, "The Province," Frequency

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin