Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,324   Online: 790

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If your Pacemaker Speed Graphic has a top-mount rangefinder taking cams, and you have any interest in handholding the camera, you may want to first consider lenses common to the Graflex era. It will be easiest (though not necessarily easy) to obtain a cam for any of these, and you may wind up having to grind your own cam for lenses that came later (even if the stated focal length agrees with the cam, it's the FFL that matters).
    The most ubiquitous 135mm cams are for the Optars/Raptars and these don't work accurately on 135mm Sironars, much to my chagrin.
    My first choice for a contemporaneous lens would be the Ektar 203mm f/7.7 in a Graphic/Compur shutter (as the cells can be later swapped into a modern Compur).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
    I am an old 35mm black and white guy. I've now have a number ot 2 1/4 inch cameras and have built a darkroom with a number of enlargers including a Beseler 4x5.there is always more to buy/play with.
    Kindred soul. I did get to spend quite a bit of time with a C33 in the late 60's, getting back into it with my Nikon F stuff from the 70's,,, managed to borrow a 4x5 linholf technika, found a creampuff 6x9 speed graphic and so on and so forth,,, seems like once folks find out you're into old cool cameras all sorts of stuff shows up. Last was a rolliecord.

Dark room project framed up, working electrical now. Originally was just going to do film, and turn to the dark side for prints,,, but then,,,, and more so on and so forth, likely to set at least one enlarger up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Crown Graphic i bought used came with a lens Optar 162mm Wollensack, seems the person who sold his Graphic was using this lens maybe, or maybe he sold it as he has another lens and no longer he was using this 162mm, in fact i bought the Crown Graphic as it came with a lens so i can use it for my Speed Graphic which i bought without any lens or lens board, i am looking for another lens for those Graphic cameras and not sure which, 162mm is not bad but it is not that lens i want to use for everything or general.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin