Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,871   Posts: 1,583,417   Online: 1155

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

lens shade for turner-reich/8x10 korona

Anybody know what the best hood for this combo of lens and camera is? I'm having a little flare trouble. I saw that Chamonix were doing shades before but I can't find them any more. Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can get a shade for another camera and modify it to fit yours. Here are two, one for Cambo and another for Shen Hao.
    http://www.jimscamerasseattle.com/coshforcasc4.html
    http://www.badgergraphic.com/store/c...t_detail&p=125

I usually use the darkslide to block the sun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would say the darkslide that you have in your hand (hopefully) while exposing.

Check out the Lee lens shade system. A dark slide is handy but doesn't block light reflecting from other surfaces, and it has a nasty habit of showing up on negatives. You may need to have an adapter sleeve made if your lens doesn't have a threaded filter ring.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The only problem with Lee shades is that they are out of stock everywhere and the date for new stock keeps getting pushed back.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

That's too bad, they're good shades. I use mine on my view camera lenses and my Hasselblad. It's very useful.

Peter Gomena

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin