Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,714   Posts: 1,514,751   Online: 801

Shooter
    Medium Format

Polaroid Fim Question

I have a Polaroid Land Film Holder #500 for a 4x5 view camera. I want to buy some 100/120 ASA film. Looks like Fuji has a good selection but can't tell for sure is their 3.25x4.25 B&W is correct for the 500 holder and 4x5 format.
    Recommendations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Polaroid 500 holder only worked with single sheet Polaroid film which is no longer made. In fact, when I last had one in the mid 1990's, it was already a museum piece, and had long been replaced by the Polaroid 545 and later the 545i. I tried using the 500 holder with film available at the time, ruined the film, made a mess, and then bought a 545 holder. All the Fuji peel apart instant film is "pack film" (10 sheets per pack), so are absolutely not compatible with the 500 holder. If you're using a 4x5 camera and want to shoot instant film, unless you can find a cache of Polaroid film, your only options are a Fuji PA45 holder, which accepts the Fuji instant pack film in 4x5 size, or a Polaroid 405 holder which accepts the Fuji instant pack film in 3x4 size.

I know that The Impossible Project (http://the-impossible-project.com/) has resurrected many of the classic Polaroid films, but the price is high (to me), and their focus seems to be more on film for the integral cameras like the 600 series and the SX-70, so supplies of larger sizes might be sporadic at best.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 500 would work with the discontinued sheets you just need to know how to do it and the info was readily available on the net.

I don't recall exactly but I have done it successfully.
    I think it lacked a latch to hold something or another when pulling the DS or film sheet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the input.

Would the 545i work with the newer Fuji Instant Pack Film (in 4x5)?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hi tom

the 545, 545i, and 500 backs were not made for pack films, just
    individual sheets of film - 52, 57, 55, 59 &c ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instant_film

if you scroll down, it looks like the 550 back ( polaroid ) might be helpful thought

good luck !
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 545i holder is still for single sheets. The only holder that I know of that will work with the Fuji pack film is the fuji PA45. I wish that there was a holder that would work for both :-(
    M. David Farrell, Jr.

----------------------------------------------
    ~Buying a Nikon doesn not make you a photographer. It makes you a Nikon owner!

~Everybody has a photographic memory, but not everybody has film!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Does Fuji make single sheet films (as opposed to packs); and
    will the Fuji PA45 slip under the ground glass on a Grahic View back?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    The Polaroid 550 back will work with the Fuji 100C45 pack films.

Daniel King

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks guys.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin