Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,395   Online: 764

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Specifications of 180mm Rodenstock macro on B&H Photo site
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...onar_Lens.html

I have one of these that I would call a 9 condition for sale at $150 less than B&H's used price, if anyone including the op is interested. Please PM for details. Send email address if you would like to see pictures.

John Powers

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think my question has been answered: I am trying not to buy duplicate lenses and have limited funds, so a lens that can work as a "normal" lens and as a macro lens would be preferred, as my Nikon 60mm or Mamiya 140mm can be used. My question came from looking at specs online and seeing amazing coverage at macro ranges but nothing indicating infinity coverage. Normally the specs tell you that lens XYZ has 284mm coverage at f/22, whereas macro lens are quoted as 284mm coverage at 2:1. I think David also has it right in that if you don't have anything to compare it to, most lenses look sharp until shown otherwise. Leigh is also right in that I am trying to make the most of the funds I have (or rather, hope to have).
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Kevin,

To answer your question directly...

The image circle diameter at infinity will be half the value given for 1:1. This is just a trigonometry thing.

- Leigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin